PM due to return as three-day summit spanning global peace, transition to clean energy and developments in AI comes to an end. Follow the day’s news, live
Quad leaders meet on sidelines of G7
Overnight, the Quad leaders held their leader to leader to meeting on the sidelines of the G7. It was meant to be held this week in Sydney, but US president Joe Biden cancelled because of domestic issues – the Republicans are not making it easy for the government debt ceiling to increase and that is a pretty big deal. So after the G7, Biden will be on his way back to the US.
I will never forget the very warm and generous welcome that I had after my election. I can’t think of any better way to begin a prime ministership than a gathering of such important friends from our region. One year on I’m absolutely delighted to be amongst close friends again here in Japan to continue our important work. Standing together for an open, stable, secure and prosperous Indo-Pacific region.
A region where sovereignty is respected, and all countries large and small benefit from a regional balance that keeps the peace. Respect for the leadership of regional institutions including ASEAN, the Pacific Island Forum, and the Indian Ocean Rim Association is central to our approach.
Continue reading...source https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2023/may/21/anthony-albanese-g7-japan-quad-meeting-voice-information-program-labor-election-anniversary
No comments:
Post a Comment